| Bangga sa Sinulog sa Kabataan |
| Free Interpretation Participation Category | Arch Decor Category | Float Category |
| Higante Category | Puppeteers Category | Photo Contest Category |
| Visual Merchandising | Festival Queen | Street Dancing |
| Best Musicality | Short Film Festival Video Documentary Competition |
More often than not, the artistic directors of the various Sinulog contingents choose their Lead Dancers based on two attributes: Physical Beauty and Dancing Skills.
Festival Queen 2012 is not a beauty pageant. It is simply a search for the Lead Dancer who possesses the most exceptional qualities, both in physical beauty and dancing skills, among her peers. That makes her then the first among equals.
Hence, Festival Queen 2012 will not have the usual elements of a beauty pageant. There will be no swimsuit and evening gown competitions. There will be no interview or pre-recorded profiles of each participating lead dancer.
What the search will highlight will be the Lead Dancer’s performance skills and her ability to interpret the Sinulog dance with rhythm and grace and all other accompanying artistic considerations.
I – QUALIFICATIONS:
- The candidate must be the Lead Dancer of her contingent and must participate during the grand parade and the Final Performance. Failure to dance during the Grand Parade and Final Performance at the Cebu City Sports Center will mean automatic disqualification and/or revocation/forfeiture of award.
- The candidate must be single. Single unwed mothers are not qualified to join the contest.
- The candidate must be between 14 to 24 years old.
- The candidate must be of good moral character as certified by her Delegation Head.
- The contingent to which a candidate belongs must submit an original copy of the Certification of Guarantee issued by the Sinulog Foundation. Failure to submit said Certification will disqualify the candidate from participating in the search.
II – DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed Registration Form and Bio-Data (as provided by the Sinulog Foundation Festival Queen 2012 Committee)
- 1 close-up half-body photo 4R (colored)
- 1 close-up full-body photo 4R (colored)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character signed by Delegation Head.
- Certification of Guarantee signed by Delegation Head and City/Town Mayor
III – COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS/JUDGING GUIDELINES:
- The candidate must participate and be present in all scheduled photo sessions and rehearsals:
- The candidate must wear the same costume that she will be wearing during the Sinulog Grand Parade and final performance at the Cebu City Sports Center.
- The candidate must prepare a Three (3) Minute production number with her own live accompaniment (instrumentalists) and back-up dancers.
- The candidate must prepare a brief opening spiel that talks about/promotes the school/municipality/city/province she represents.
- The candidate is allowed to have a minimum of Twelve (12) and a maximum of Twenty Four (24) Back-Up Dancers who should also be wearing the same costume that the contingent will be using during the Sinulog Grand Parade.
- The candidate is allowed to have a minimum of Twelve (12) and a maximum of Twenty (20) Instrumentalists who should also be wearing the same costumes/uniforms they will be wearing during the Grand Parade
- The Three (3) Minute time requirement for the production presentation includes both entrance and exit routines. A deduction of Two (2) points per excess second will be given to the candidate whose production number goes beyond the allotted time requirement.
- The candidate may make use of set props/backdrops and hand props provided that the setting up of these props will NOT exceed the three (3) minute time requirement.
- The candidate together with all her Back-Up Dancers and Instrumentalists must attend the General Rehearsals on Thursday (Jan. 12, 2012) from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Cebu City Sports Center, Dance Studio.
- There will be a pictorial session on January 12, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the SM Entertainment Center. Candidates who fail to attend this photo shoot will be given a Five (5) point deduction from their score and will automatically be disqualified from photogenic award.
- Back-up Instrumentalists/bands who will not attend the scheduled General Rehearsals will be given a Ten (10) Point deduction on their scores for Best in Instrumentation.
- The candidate must participate in the Opening Production Number and in the 1-minute Solo Dance Presentation.
- The candidate may use a different costume for the Opening Production Number. However, the candidate must use the contingent’s Official Costume (the same as the one to be used in the Grand Parade and Final Performance) during the 3-minute production presentation and the 1-minute Solo Performance.
- The candidate’s costume must be in accordance to accepted standards of decency. The Sinulog is a religious festival so candidates must take care to wear costumes that do not in any way violate or insult religious and moral sensibilities.
- The competition will be divided into three (3) phases:
1. Opening Production Number (25 points – Coordination with Back-Up Dancers/Mastery of Dance Steps/Costume/Projection/Beauty of Face and Figure/Content and Mastery of Opening Spiel);
2. Production Presentation (50 points – Choreography/Performance);
3. Solo Performance (25 points – Individual Artistry/Performance/Projection and Costume).
- The Judges’ Decision is final and unappealable.
- The Sinulog Festival Queen Search Committee reserves the right to forfeit winners or strip them of their titles for any justifiable cause based on the given guidelines and on accepted standards of law, morality and decency.
- Registration starts on December 14, 2011 and shall end on January 4, 2012.
Sinulog 2012 Prizes and Awards are as follows:
Festival Queen – P50,000.00
1st Runner-Up – P30,000.00
2nd Runner-Up – P20,000.00
Ms. Photogenic – P5,000.00
Best in production Presentation – P5,000.00
Best in Costume – P5,000.00
Best in Instrumentation – P5,000.00
- For any inquiry, please contact Festival Chairman Mr. Vince Escario at 09208166737 or 09163442000 / Marti Ybañez at 412-4355.