| Bangga sa Sinulog sa Kabataan |
| Free Interpretation Participation Category | Arch Decor Category | Float Category |
| Higante Category | Puppeteers Category | Photo Contest Category |
| Visual Merchandising | Festival Queen 2010 | Street Dancing |
| Best Musicality | 2010 Short Film Festival Video Documentary Competition |
Sinulog On-the-Spot Painting Contest 2012
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The “ Sinulog On-the-Spot Painting Contest” art competition is open to all Filipino painters of all ages.
2. A participant is allowed only one entry, interaction pieces or group efforts will not be accepted.
3. The entry may either be oil or acrylic on canvas, or watercolor paper.
4. Mixed media, collages, assemblages, sculptures, tarpaulin or digital prints will not be accepted.
5. The sizes of the entry should be 16’’x 20’’, 20’’ x 16’’, 18’’x24’’, 24’’x 18’’.
6. Participants may render the common theme of “Cebu… City of Culture” in any style (Renaissance, Gothic, Baroque, Impressionist, Fauvist, Cubist, Surrealist, Realist, Super-Realist, and Social Realist).
7. Non-figurative abstract paintings will not be accepted.
8. All entries must be signed and dated. With a piece of paper posted at the back bearing necessary details such as ARTIST’’S NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT NUMBERS, ENTRY TITLE, SIZE, MEDIUM, AND GALLERY PRICE. Entries with incomplete information will not be accepted.
9. Registration will start at exactly 9:30 a.m.
10. The competition proper is from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
11. The artist must submit a properly accomplished Official Entry Form containing a 1×1 in photo of the ARTIST, BIODATA or Curriculum Vitae.
12. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 5:00 P.M. of competition date at the Fort San Pedro National Coliseum, Pier area, Cebu City.
13. Winners will be awarded as follows:
- First Prize Php 20,000.00 and Trophy
- Second prize Php 10,000.00 and Trophy
- Third Prize Php 5,000.00 and Trophy
- Seven Honorable Mentions Php 2,000.00 and Certificate
14. All decision of the Screening Panel and the Board of Judges shall be final.
15. NAMES OF FINALIST will be announced at 6:30 P.M. of competition date and finalists will be requested to have artworks properly framed in preparation for the exhibition. This must be submitted by on the day of the competition, ready for the hanging. THE AWARDING CEREMONIES AND THE OPENING OF THE EXHIBITION of finalists shall be at the Fort San Pedro National Museum at six o’clock in the evening on December 12, 2011. All participants are invited to attend.
16. Retrieval of artworks will be on January 16, 2012 at the Sinulog Hall from 2:00 Noon to 5:00 P.M.
17. ALL TOP THREE WINNING ENTRIES shall become the property of Sinulog Foundation Inc.
18. CHAC, SINULOG FOUNDATION or any of the institutions/ agencies involved in the implementation of the Sinulog On-the-Spot Painting Art Competition shall not held liable for
any damage to the artwork as a result of the competition and exhibition, or the failure of the participant to follow the above rules and regulations.
Criteria for Judging
- Relevance to the theme – 40%
- Creativity and Originality – 20%
- Composition and Visual Impact – 20%
- Technique – 20%
- Total: 100%